Custom Conveyors come in 2 different styles
: Side-by-Side and Straight Line Conveyors.
• Offer many desirable options in line-feed presentation.
• Size, shape and function depend on the part, the container, the operation, and the operator.
• Container or rack that the part is delivered in is usually loaded onto the conveyor with a fork truck.
• Part presentation to the operator is adjusted to the ergonomic window using lift tables, rotate tables, and tilt tables.
• Draw bridges can be used to give the necessary clearance for the circumference of the rotating corners.
• Topper's draw bridge is powered up but gravity down as a safety feature, should anything get in the travel area.
Cross transfers vary with the type of container or rack. They can vary from skate rollers to Super-Rail to ball transfer depending on the rolling surface. Pneumatic cross transfers with skate rollers is the most common. The size of the side-by-side conveyor depends on the size of the container or rack, the type of part presentation, the number of parts needed in the staging area, and the number of parts per container or rack.
Straight Line Conveyors:
• Typically used in staging and/or storage areas where containers or racks are temporarily held for the next process.
• Roller brakes and air gates, removal of the proper container or rack is possible without bagging or wedging even with gravity roller conveyors.
• Shock absorbers are used in conjunction with the air gates to soften the termination of movement.
These conveyors are typically used in forklift-restricted environments where the containers are rolled on or off a transfer conveyor cart or AGV. Stacking several layers or tiers, sometimes called a kanban, usually requires a forklift.
If you need a large quantity of this product, call us at 1-800-338-1382 for additional bulk discounts!